Monday 18 June 2012

The Hunger Games- Book vs Movie

The Hunger Games- Book vs The Movie
First of all I must say I very much enjoyed both the book and the movie very much. However I found that there were a lot of differences. The book was a lot more detailed and it made me want to read more unlike the movie where it was different I didn’t feel as involved as I did with the book. For example in the book Katniss was given the Mockingjay pin by the mayor’s daughter Madge. That came by surprise to her as she thought that Madge didn’t like her. Also one of the big differences for me was in the book Haymitch was drunk at the reaping and fell off the stage however in the movie that did not happen. I felt that was a big change because in the book that’s our first thought about Haymitch is being a drunk. In the movie that scene did not happen.

All of those I found to be big changes and really made a difference to me from reading and watching the hunger games. There were a couple more little changes that just made the movie not as good as the book. Like when Peeta’s dad brings Katniss cookies, making her realize he liked her all along. Where Only Prim, Gale, and Katniss’ mother in the movie are allowed to visit.  Peeta’s father is never mentioned. Also in the book rue is stabbed by a boy from district 1 while trapped in the net however in the movie Katniss frees her then she is stabbed. In the end I thought it was a great book and movie I enjoyed them both but I liked the book more as it caught my attention and made me want to read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment