Tuesday 5 June 2012

Diary Entry choice assignment chantals



Diary Entry of Peeta Mellark

Reaping day - Morning
My name is Peeta Mellark. I'm also known as the bread boy, because my parents own the bakery in district 12. That's where I live. District 12, Panem which used to be North America. Today is reaping day. One girl and one boy from each district will be chosen as tribute. I will be part of the reapings. What happens to the 2 tributes, is they are sent away to the Capitol to take part in a fight to the death with 22 other tributes between the ages 12 and 18. Only one comes out alive. Every morning I wake up to the warm smell of home baked bread. If I'm chosen as tribute, I may never smell fresh bread again. I have to go to the reaping now, wish me luck and let the odds be ever in my favour.

Reaping day - After the Reaping
I can't believe what just happened. Today the odds were definitely not in my favour. Me, Peeta Mellark, just the wimpy little bread boy is chosen as tribute. And to make the matter worse, the female tribute is Katniss. Katniss Everdeen, I've been in love with her ever since the day I tossed her that bread. My survival means her death. Very soon I'll get just a couple minutes to say goodbye to my family, then I will be sent off to the Capitol. I know I won't survive. Why did it have to be me?

Reaping day - After Goodbyes
I just finished saying goodbye to my family and we just left on a train for the Capitol. When my mum was saying goodbye to me she told me maybe district 12 will finally have a winner, but I knew she didn't mean me. She meant Katniss.... There's no hope for me. I won't survive.

Reaping day - On the train to the Capitol
We're on the train right now, it's so fancy. When we got on we got to eat really fancy meals! I stuffed myself... I think Katniss did too. Haymitch isn't putting very much effort into helping us and giving us advice. He's always drinking and he always smells bad. I can tell that's it's really bothering Katniss. It's getting late and I should rest. Hopefully Haymitch is more helpful tomorrow.

Second day on the train - 4 Days to the Games
We're still on the train right now. It takes us 2 days to get to the Capitol from district 12. It seems like forever ago I was just making bread with my parents back at home, but it was just yesterday morning. When we arrive at the Capitol we will start training. Today Haymitch is no more helpful than he was yesterday. I guess when we get to the Capitol it won't matter, we'll have our own stylists to help us make good impressions for sponsors and there will be better trainers. 

At the Capitol - 3 Days to train & 3 Days to the Games
The Capitol is so crazy! It's nothing like back home at District 12. Everyone is wearing such bright colors and have huge ugly hair and makeup. They're all so unreal and fake but I smile and wave to make a good first impression. Katniss doesn't, I can tell she's disgusted by them. I don't blame her though, I am too. Everyone looks like Effie Trinket. 

Capitol - 2 Days to train & 2 Days to the Games
Today we start our training. There's lots of tention between Katniss and I. We decided to be trained together because neither of us have hidden talents.. Well that's what we told Haymitch, but then I told him how my father would always buy her squirrels because she shot them so well. Then she started telling him about my strength, but I only lift big bags of flower. It got really awkward after that. And also he ordered us to stay together 24/7. But neither of us want to.

Capitol - 1 Day to the Games
This is probably the last time I'll ever be writing about my day, because after tomorrow I'll probably be dead. Anyways, at least now Katniss knows how I feel about her. And her and I did make a great impression on the Capitol, I think we'll get lots of sponsors, we got really great stylists. First we made our entrance into the arena, we held hands which I think helped a lot, and we were on fire, everyone loved us. Then each tribute was interviewed separately, but it was televised so everyone could watch. I expressed my love towards Katniss. She wasn't very happy about it afterwards, she thinks its ruined all our chance at survival. This is the worst thing that's ever happened to me. Tomorrow we start. I'm not ready to die! 

The Games Begin
 I didn't get any sleep last night. I'm terrified, we start in just a few short hours. I scored a 8 out of 12 in training, I may have a fair chance to survive maybe a day or 2. Katniss scored an 11, that's the highest score any tribute has ever gotten. In training I worked on pretty much everything, turns out all that heavy lifting of flour really did come in handy for training. 30 minutes to the Games, I should go. And please let the odds be ever in my favour this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment