Friday 18 May 2012

harrison's quote


"If you speak and write in English, or Spanish, or Chinese, or any other language, then only a certain percentage of human beings will get your meaning. But when you draw a picture, everybody can understand it. If I draw a cartoon of a flower, then man, woman, and child in the world can look at it and say, 'That's a flower.' So I draw because I want to talk to the world. And I want the world to pay attention to me." This quote is good because it shows how and why Arnold expressed himself through drawing cartoons. It is used to signify how difficult it is to express yourself in the world.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure about this quote response Harrison.
    It is good but doesn't tie in the heroic quote by Reeves, the goal of the quote assignment.

    ReplyDelete