Thursday 17 May 2012

Quote Paragraph


Christopher Reeve described a hero as “An ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles.” In speak, Melinda may not be faced with 'overwhelming' obstacles but she was, without a doubt, an ordinary teenager. After her 'abuse' she lost all her strength, integrity and popularity at school. She says: “I have survived. I am here. Confused, screwed up, but here. So, how can I find my way? Is there a chain saw of the soul, an ax I can take to my memories or fears?” Something like that is not easy to overcome. Eventually, with the help of a couple of friends and a teacher, she finds the strength to say 'no' and lets her voice be heard again.

1 comment:

  1. Wow!

    Love your response to the quote by Reeves.
    She was an ordinary teenager but after her abuse, she faces the same epic journey of any great hero in history or literature.

    ReplyDelete