Friday 25 May 2012

Choice assignments part 1/2


Diary Entry #1

Dear Journal,

Today the unspeakable happened, tomorrow I will be the tribute for district 12. I will be in 2 short weeks, dead. This all started this morning,the day of the reaping. I went out for a short hunt with Gale, to keep my nerves under control. My name was only in there 20 times. So I didn't have to much to worry about. Prim my baby sister, was about to have her first reaping and I had to be there for her. Her name was only submitted into the horrible bowl once. Out of all the children of district 12, you would think once is an extremely slim chance. This was not the case. Poor, sweet, adorable Prim's name was called out. My heart sank. It took me a couple of minutes before I realized what was happening. Pushing through the crowd of girls relieved it was not them, screaming her name. I would not let her walk up those stairs to her waiting death. So I volunteered. You crazy girl, I know you are thinking, why would you volunteer for the doomed district? If your family was in such a position, what would you do? I did what I thought was right. So here I am, travelling hundreds of thousands of miles away from my home I will probably never see again. What have I done? Am I ready to die? I don't know yet if I am. How can I say my last goodbye to all those I love...... What have I done?

-Katniss Everdeen






Diary Entry #2

Dear Journal,

We met our lovely mentor today. Lovely is used very loosely to describe Haymitch. Needless to say he is a greasy, lonely old drunk. Unfortunately this greasy, lonely old drunk is my key to survival, and I'm on his bad side. Last night didn't go over very well he just basically told Peeta and I that we both were dead people walking. How encouraging. Effie Trinket gave him a lecture about how he needs to encourage us, not insult us in our time of need. In my opinion he is a terrible mentor. But none of that matters, all that matters is that I get home safe and sound to my family. Tomorrow we arrive in the capitol for our first day of training. No one ever needs to know this, but I'm scared. Well I guess we will see what tomorrow brings.

-Katniss













Diary Entry #3

Dear Journal,

Well.... Today was interesting. I shot an arrow at an apple, around the vicinity of the game makers head and got scored an 11 for it. The reason for this is because they weren't paying attention to me. I drastically missed my first shot, my second was dead on. They were just too self-centred and selfish to notice my second one. How else was I supposed to get there attention other then shoot an arrow at them. To be honest I was a little bit mad as well. Training has clearly paid off. My shot is better, my legs are stronger, I can build a fire. If I can survive the cornucopia and the first night, I think I will do fine. I would have an alliance but Peeta wants nothing to do with me. To be completely honest, I don't understand why. Ever since I got my score of 11 he has avoided me, and asked to be trained separately. I would say I didn't care but I do. I thought we were better friends then that. I guess its cause only one of us will survive. Whatever, I am Katniss Everdeen. I don't need friends to through this. I can kill an animal dead in the eye from 50 ft. away. I can win this on my own..... Right?

-Katniss






Diary Entry #4

Dear Journal,

Tonight is the night before the games begin. I'm not scared anymore. Our interviews didn't go as planned. I'm not a people person. Generally people just don't understand me. But they did in my interview. During our interviews with Ceaser Fickerman I was girly and giggly, it was a forgettable interview until Peeta went and did something that I originally thought was stupid and cruel, he confessed his love for me. I was mad at him for making me look weak but now I realize without his confession people would have completely disregarded me and my interview. My sponsors would have sponsored a career instead. Peeta did me a huge favour but I can't shake the feeling that he's still plotting to kill me as soon as we enter the arena. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. The arena is meant to turn us into murderers, to take away our humanity, our personalities, our lives.

- Katniss

No comments:

Post a Comment